Core to Skysong Innovations’ service to the ASU community is its commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Skysong Innovations Seat At the Table (SEAT) initiative focuses on promoting research commercialization opportunities among underrepresented faculty, with a focus on Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC) and women. SEAT strives to raise awareness and make accessible technology transfer education, training, and opportunities for historically marginalized communities internal and external to the ASU community.
Consider this page your primer for launching your ASU-linked startup.
Skysong Innovations Community
Acknowledge the importance of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative (DEI) efforts throughout the organization, noting that initiatives are most successful when they are also implemented internally
Participate within the local community to advance inclusiveness through STEM-based initiatives for our younger generations to ensure the success of Arizona and our nation
- Enhance outreach to provide underrepresented ASU faculty and staff the opportunity to advance innovation and result in real-world impact
- Actively engage and collaborate with established ASU associations affiliated with the Office of Inclusion and Community Engagement
- Provide in-person events once it is safe and responsible to do so
- Continue the effort to innovate the Skysong Innovations model, working with ASU underrepresented staff and faculty to ensure SEAT’s initiatives are successful
- Achieve constant progress by continuous meetings with ASU associations affiliated with the Office of Inclusion and Community Engagement to ensure sustainable attention to the SEAT mission
- Always ask for feedback on how to improve and never be satisfied
- Increase interaction with ASU’s underrepresented researchers to ensure their innovation has societal impact, thus improving Skysong Innovations’ impact and ASU’s service to its community
- Encourage women and minority-led startups to help grow our local Arizona economy